Many of us have complained about our pets’ “bad breath”… what does this mean? It means that we must pay attention to their dental hygiene. Keeping your pet’s teeth clean will not only prevent bad breath, but will also help to prevent possible diseases.
A good teeth cleaning of our pets is essential to avoid problems such as bad breath, tartar and dental plaque, difficulties when eating, inflammation and pain in the gums, loss of teeth… Poor oral hygiene can lead to even more serious diseases affecting organs such as the heart, kidney or liver… For these reasons, we must pay attention to the dental health of our pets… prevention is our best ally!
Problems with our pets’ teeth:
- Bad breath: The main cause of bad breath in dogs and cats is bacteria settling in their gums. This problem is mainly due to poor oral hygiene and bad eating habits.
- Accumulation of dental plaque and tartar build-up: the accumulation of bacteria in our pets’ mouths can lead to tartar and dental plaque that can lead to infections and diseases such as gingivitis. A good dental cleaning routine is essential to avoid this problem.
- Tooth loss: when poor oral hygiene in our pets persists and is left untreated, problems can go to the root of the teeth leading to periodontal disease and the consequent loss of the affected teeth.
If we tackle the problem early on and prevent tartar build-up, we can avoid everything else, gingivitis and periodontitis, the most damaging stages of all.
Prevent tartar, dental plaque and bad breath with proper dental hygiene.
A good diet is essential to keep our pets’ teeth and oral hygiene in good health.
For example, when it comes to rewarding our pets with a snack, it is important to choose pet treats with specific properties for their dental hygiene. Cleaning dogs’ and cats’ teeth is not an easy task, so we can use these snacks to keep their teeth and gums clean.
At MAIKAI Pets we have many natural treats for dogs and cats that help prevent the appearance of tartar and eliminate bad breath while our pets have a fun time and are fed in a natural and healthy way.
How do they do it?
It’s so easy! By chewing these natural treats for dogs and cats, our pets receive a gum massage and at the same time clean the teeth by dragging the accumulated tartar.
Some of the snacks for dogs and cats that help with oral hygiene are:
- Whole dried anchovies: A 100% natural snack, source of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins; rich in magnesium, calcium, iron and iodine. It helps to improve the health of their joints, skin, hair and immune system as well as reducing stress. Prevents and reduces cholesterol. An alternative to red meat allergies.
- Beef livers: A 100% natural snack, high in protein and with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene and to combat anaemia, strengthen the skin, bones and immune system. Suitable for sensitive or overweight dogs.
- Beef lungs: A 100% natural, high-protein treat that helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene and helps to combat anaemia, strengthen the skin, bones and immune system. Suitable for sensitive or overweight dogs.
- Chicken strips: A 100% natural, high protein, low fat treat that helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene, helping to keep their teeth strong and clean. Perfect for training your furry friend or as a tasty reward.
In order for our pets to maintain a healthy mouth, another important aspect to take into account (in addition to avoiding the appearance of tartar) is to strengthen the chewing muscles. This can also be achieved by giving our dogs harder and longer-lasting natural snacks such as:
- Dried pig’s ear: A 100% natural treat that helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene, strengthening their teeth and improving their chewing muscles. Snack with an intense aroma, high in cartilage and easily digestible. Moreover, being long-lasting ensures fun and helps to reduce stress.
- Dried bull’s nerves: A 100% natural snack, which provides our dogs with perfect dental hygiene by eliminating accumulated tartar, preventing plaque and strengthening the masticatory muscles. It is rich in protein and low in fat, and because it is hard and durable, it allows our dogs to be entertained for longer.
- Dried beef trachea: A 100% natural, high-protein treat that helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene. A natural source of collagen and chondroprotectors (ideal for joint health) and strengthens the immune system. Moreover, being long-lasting ensures fun and helps to reduce stress.
- Lamb’s trotters: A 100% natural, high-protein treat that helps our furry friends with their oral hygiene. Great source of calcium and amino acids. Ideal for dogs with food intolerances to pork or chicken. Moreover, its long-lasting nature ensures fun and reduces stress.
At MAIKAI we even have a pack of these snacks to make it easier for you! Help your pet to remove tartar and plaque effectively, all in a natural and healthy way!